2. Okay, so I've been wanting to grow my own herbs and veggies for a long time, but my history of killing almost all living things (with humans and large animals being the only exceptions hah!) has prevented me from trying. Well, a friend/colleague of mine overheard that I wanted fresh basil (along with other herbs) and gave me some basil (see photo above) the next day I saw her. Isn't she the greatest?! The first thing I thought when I saw the basil was, "Oh no! I'm about to kill another plant! I better use up some basil today because it will be dead by the next day." haha!
I looked online to see how to take care of basil, went to the store to buy soil, a pot, and a shovel. Then, I potted the basil carefully and placed it outside. Fast forward almost two weeks later, and I am happy to report that my basil is still alive and growing!!!!! I cannot believe it!! Now, I'm thinking about adding another herb. What do you all suggest?
- Can I add another herb or herbs to the same pot?
- What herb do you suggest? I am thinking about adding rosemary, parsley, or mint.
The rules of accepting this award are as follows:
-Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
-Pass the award onto 10 bloggers.
- Link the nominees within your post.
- Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
-Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
-Lists things that make you happy.
I'm passing this award to every single person who leaves a comment here. You have the option to follow the rules and acknowledge this award on your own blog or list the ten things that make you happy in the comments section below. I know this breaks the abovementioned rule, but I also understand that some bloggers don't like to participate in award giving/receiving. So, list the ten things that make you happy in the comments section or on your blog with a link to this post.
2. Talking to my mom.
3. Being with my on-and-off girlfriend and her two daughters.
4. Learning and knowing other languages.
5. Being a doctoral/PhD student.
7. This blog.
8. Hearing from my readers. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
10. Traveling to other countries.
I look forward to hearing about the ten things that make you all happy and for your advice on growing herbs!